EoFTTC. A more affordable leased line, something which I’m sure will appeal to you! How does this service differ from other leased line services on offer and in what way is it similar to standard FTTC? We explore this in more detail below.
Our connectivity services consist of broadband (ADSL / VDSL (FTTC)) and Ethernet based leased line services (EoFTTC, EFM, and Fibre). The EoFTTC (Ethernet over FTTC) service we provide differs from our broadband services in a number of ways:
- Our EoFTTC services offer a 1:1 contention ratio which means you are guaranteed a set speed at all times. Therefore you are guaranteed a speed of between 2 and 20 Mbps depending on the characteristics of your line and we allow bursting to 80 Mbps on the downstream, free of charge!
- In addition, the service allows for completely unlimited usage.
Service Level Agreement
- We understand the importance of internet connectivity for your business so we provide a 7-hour fix SLA on this service.
Fully Managed Install
- Utilising existing FTTC infrastructure enables a quicker install time than that of other leased line services. So the service can be live in just 25-35 working days;
- EoFTTC is generally much cheaper to install than a Fibre Leased Line;
- We provide a managed Cisco router (or equivalent) if requested.
Should you get EoFTTC?
This very much depends on the size of your business and your goals. If you’re a small business with up to 20 people who wants the benefits of Ethernet connectivity without the high price point, then EoFTTC is probably for you. This can enable you to reliably utilise VPN (Virtual Private Networking) for remote workers, VoIP (Voice over IP) and work more efficiently with Cloud Applications.
In summary, with this service you’re getting a product that delivers the benefits of Fibre Ethernet Leased Lines but at a cost which is more comparable to FTTC. This is great for small businesses and power users who want guaranteed bandwidth, an SLA and a lower priced entry point to Ethernet services.